Hair transplantation is a modern, safe and effective method of increasing the density of hair, restoring lost hair in case of baldness in men and women. Such autotransplantations are practiced in leading clinics around the world, both men and women resort to the services of specialists. Moreover, the procedure can be carried out not only to restore the quantity and quality of hair on the head. The specialists of our medical center also carry out eyebrow, beard, sideburn, and mustache transplantation.
Hereditary Hair Loss in Men and Women
DHT is an androgen most closely associated with male pattern hair loss (fronto-parietal). Under the influence of this sex hormone, the hair follicles are damaged. With each subsequent growth cycle, the new rod becomes thinner, weaker, and its length is shortened. The hair growth period itself is shortened. This process can last for decades, but in the end, comes the inevitable ending – where previously there was thick hair, now the bald shines.
Male or female pattern hair loss can also occur in women. The treatment of hereditary baldness with medication or hardware methods is not always as successful or as effective as patients would like, and sometimes not at all possible. And transplantation always gives a predictable and expected result.
There are several hair transplantation techniques in modern transplantation. The most popular are FUE, FUT, DHI, LongHair. Each of the procedures has its own little peculiarities.
FUE is a method of hair transplantation (Follicular Unit Extraction) that is microsurgical manipulation of transplants (grafts) and their implantation without cuts or stitches.
FUT – The Patchwork Method of Hair Transplantation, also known as the Strip Method (STRIP) – a classic in hair transplantation, it consists in the isolation of a skin flap with hair follicles in the occipital region and its further division into grafts.
DHI is a method of hair transplantation with partial haircut (Direct Hair Implant), a minimally invasive technique, which consists in the extraction of hair grafts (hair follicles) by a point method without linear incisions and sutures, followed by their implantation using Choi-Pen (implant handles).
LongHair – hair is transplanted without shaving, with the existing length. Such a transplantation technique leaves no traces, its application is invisible, which provides easy adaptation for those who wish to hide the traces and the very fact of transplantation.
Hybrid eyebrow transplantation with the Trivellini System
Contraindications for the procedure
There are a few contraindications for the autotransplantation procedure, among them:
- Scalp diseases in the acute phase.
- Patient’s age is less than 15 years.
- Presence of mental illness.
- Diabetes mellitus in the stage of decompensation.
- Period of gestation or breastfeeding in women.
- Allergy to local pain relievers.
Relative contraindications for transplantation are diseases of the cardiovascular system and oncological diseases (it is up to the treating physician to decide whether the procedure can be performed).
Hair transplantation – indications
Hair transplantation is performed according to the following indications:
- Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) in men (this is the cause of hair loss in men in more than 90% of cases).
- Hair loss (including total, diffuse or patchy alopecia) in a female or male pattern in women .
- Low effectiveness of medical or apparatus therapy for baldness, especially in the later stages.
- Combating hair loss with conservative methods is impossible due to the formation of scar tissue (for example, due to radiation dermatitis, physical injuries, burns, surgical interventions).
At the same time, it is necessary to understand that regardless of the indications, it is necessary to seek help as soon as possible. The cost of treatment also depends on this.
Hair Treatment and Transplant Center (Dnipro) – why it is worth using our services
Hair transplantation is an extremely responsible procedure, the results of which determine how the patient will look in the future, whether he/she will get rid of the aesthetic problem completely, whether he/she will gain self-confidence. Our institution is a specialized clinic for the treatment and transplantation of hair, we are proud of the many years of experience of our team, the high level of expertise of specialists. The surgeons of our center are fluent in both seamless and patchwork methods, so clients can choose the methods that are preferable for them.
Benefits of treatment in our center:
- Transplantation is carried out according to the world’s most advanced techniques, which involve minimal tissue intervention.
- Safety and comfort of the procedure.
- Patient’s own hair is used, rejection is impossible, 100% survival rate.
- Seamless hair transplant is the absence of postoperative scars on the head.
- As “donors” are used healthy hair, not affected by androgen, retaining normal anatomical and physiological properties almost until the end of a person’s life. There will be no repeated drops.
- Hair retains all its natural characteristics: color, structure, growth rate.
- The minimum period of postoperative rehabilitation.
How to get a consultation by a hair transplant specialist
We advise you to see the narrow-focused center of hair treatment and transplantation – “HairMed”. Here consults and performs operations the founder of the center, a trichologist-transplantologist with more than 12 years of experience, Ph.D. Baranov Ivan Viktorovich.
All consultations are by appointment. Leave a request through the form below or request a call back so that the administrator of our center can contact you and schedule a visit at a convenient time.