Sclerotherapy – procedure that allows to remove spider veins quickly and painlessly. The sense of the procedure includes the injection of the sclerosant into the lumen of the vessel, during which the inner part of the vessel is burned, its ‘’adhesion’’, absolute disappearance from the blood circulation. In some time places, where the preparation was injected, are substituted by connective tissue, vessels disappear, as well as external aesthetics defect`s presentation.
How does the sclerotherapy run
Firstly, a consultation with an expert is necessary, presence or absence of contraindications is determined. After that, a patient needs to lie on the couch, take up a comfortable position, and wait till the doctor makes needed injections. The procedure is done in a non-hospital setting, without anesthesia, because it is almost painless. Sensations of a patient are similar to the vaccination. The procedure lasts 60 minutes, after that, a patient leaves the clinic. Correction can be needed. It is optimal to run a procedure in autumn, winter or early spring, because hyperpigmentations remain (zones of skin darkening in places, where sclerosant was injected), that, however, disappear in some time.
Indications and contraindications for running the sclerotherapy
The procedure is made, when the symptoms of the initial stage are diagnosed, and occur as:
- vascular spider (telangiectasias)
- spider veins
Removal of spider veins is not possible, when exist absolute contraindications for procedure running:
- Pregnancy, lactation period.
- Individual intolerance to the preparation.
- Inflammatory and purulent skin disorder in the zone supposed for the procedure.
- Thrombosis and thrombophlebitis.
- Interference of blood circulation system.
Removal of telangiectasias having relative contraindications is possible only after the consultation with a doctor and risks measurement. Prevents the treatment:
- Taking hormonal contraceptives and hormone replacement therapy.
- Alcoholism treatment (sclerosants include alcohol).
- Ischemic diseases of the lower extremities.
Recommendations after the procedure, rehabilitation period
After the sclerotherapy it is recommended to follow some restrictions:
- Do not take a warm bath, do not visit baths and saunas for 2 weeks.
- Do not lie in the sun, in the solarium (the period is discussed with a doctor).
- Avoid doing sport and heavy physical activity.
Recommended after the procedure:
- Use of compression hosiery.
- Walking for 1 hour straight after the procedure and on a routine basis.
If after the procedure, a patient has any symptoms or discomfort, he/she can always consult with a doctor that ran sclerotherapy.
Sclerotherapy, Dnipro – an appointment with an expert
All consultations are by appointment. Leave a request through the form below or order a call back so that the administrator of our center can contact you and schedule a visit at a convenient time.